Leadership and Managerial Skills for
Overview: 3 Days with 1.8 CEUs
This program provides the new manager with a solid foundation
of skills required to deal with both short and long term growth
in the leadership and managerial arena of working with staff,
peers and senior management in today’s fast-paced, ever
changing business environment.
How attendees will benefit:
Some of the topics to be covered:
- Develop a managerial tool kit to promote a culture for
high performance and growth of company, staff and self.
- Develop an understanding of the role of leadership and
- Use and improve communication to effectively set expectations
for direct reports and peers.
- Adapt a flexible leadership style to manage the diverse
needs of individual team members and get results
- Learn the simple, yet effective, methods of empowerment
and effective delegation
- Improve staff performance through proven coaching and
- The roles and responsibilities of managers and direct
- How to use measurability and verifiability to support
growth and development.
- Using involvement and commitment to set staff expectations
and agreed results.
- Identify the tools for effective communication and discover
the hidden barriers to good communication.
- The importance of coaching, mentoring and facilitating
as a leadership skill.
- Utilize the factors that deliver strong motivation of
individual and team performance.
Who should attend?
New managers with one to three years of experience and professionals
soon to be promoted to supervisory or managerial positions.
Interested in the Training Program Outline?